You can download Design Elements 101: Everything You Need to Know About Window Processing in your computer by clicking resolution image in Download by size:. Don't forget to rate and comment if you interest with this wallpaper.
We hope that you will like the products that we recommend. Just so you know, Freshome can collect a share of sales from the links on this page.
For many, window treatments are an afterthought. They are either thrown as the last fragment of a cohesive design, or completely forgotten in the assumption that they are superfluous. However, we will argue that it can be a mistake . It's a design element that
If you've never given a lot of thought to window treatments or just do not know how to include them in the right position, read this post before embarking on the next project. We compiled your final guide to w indow, to help you cope with the process from start to finish.
Similar Type of Store:| |
Think of the function
Just like with many other design elements, the first question you should ask yourself is "What do I want to they did "The answer that you allow can help you narrow down your possibilities and land on the processing of the windows that suit you.
For many, the answer is to add aesthetic value. Before not performing the answer, consider whether your window treatments should provide another service. For example, a pair of shaded curtains makes a dream
Similar shop:| |
Know the treatment options for your window
Anyone who has ever stepped into the store to improve the condition can tell you that thousands of window treatments ] options to choose from. For many, this level of choice is huge. Nevertheless, most of them can be served under several basic types.
- Blinds: As a rule, the most affordable choice, the blinds are made of plastic or wood that were located in the slats. Usually there are no changes in style.
- Shades: The shades are made of cloth and have a different level of opacity. They are slightly more expensive than blinds, and come in three main types:
- Trailer: Unfolded from the tube as a figure in the upper part of the window.
- Honeycomb: Folded down from the top of the window in the folds.
- Roman: Organized in neat, elegant folds.
Drapes: Attached to the rod above the window and hanging over the frame, draperies offer the very variation in price, because they come in different materials, colors and patterns.
- Blinds: The most expensive item on this list, shutters are real wooden works.
Similar shop:| |
Consider the measurements
. When you have the perfect type of window processing the next step is to perform the measurements. Be sure to write them down and take them to the store so that you have a clear idea of the options available after you get there.
Here's what you need: 
- For blinds: for the blinds inside the cabinet take the width in the upper, middle and lower parts of the window, i nside the frame. Use the narrowest width. Then perform length measurements from the left, middle and right sides inside the frame. Use the longest length. If you prefer outdoor blinds, measure the width to the end of the window frame and add 1½ inches to each side to account for the overlap. Measure the length to the end of the window sill and add 1 ½ inches.
- For shades: Follow the same process described for blinds.
- For curtains: To determine the length of your cornice, measure the width of your window and add 3-8 inches in both directions, depending on how full your curtains are. Then measure the length, starting at the point where the rod will hang and measure up to 1 inch above the floor.
- For blinds: Follow the same process as described for blinds. Add ⅙-inch on each side to the narrowest width and ⅛-inch to the longest width.
Keep in mind that many windows are not standard. Draperies can be adapted – either professionally or through a training manual – but for other treatments you may need to decide whether to invest in a custom product or choose the most appropriate option.